Below are some of our most loved recipes for you to enjoy!
- International Kids Day Sandwich
- Mothers Day
- ANZAC Day
- Good Friday Wrap
- April Fools Day
- Irish Rueben
- Valentines Day Sandwich
- Steak Sandwich
- French Brioche Toast
- Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich
- Caeser Salad Wrap
- Marinated Lamb Wrap
- Salmon Wrap
- 4 slices Tip Top The One
- 2 teaspoons Nutella
- 4 Marshmallows, quartered
- 4 Sandhurst Italian Amarena cherries, halved
- 2 Milk Arrowroot Biscuits, broken into small pieces
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients, except the bread
- Divide mixture in half and spread onto two pieces of The One bread
- Place remaining bread on top
- Serve with a glass of chilled milk.
Spoil Mum with wonderful lunch with an accompanying glass of her favourite wine!
- Abbotts Village Bakery Farmhouse Wholemeal
- 80g Prontier Jamaican Chicken
- 1/4 Avocado, sliced
- 15g or a small handful rocket
- Spanish onion, sliced
- Speed Prontier Jamaican Chicken onto 1 slice of Abbotts Village Bakery Farmhouse Wholemeal bread
- Top with small handful of rocket, sliced avocado and red onion
- Place remaining slice of bread and serve to your darling mother with a glass of wine and big smile!
- 1 Bazaar Plain Flour Tortilla Wrap
- 80g of Prontier lemon & herb marinated lamb strips
- Small handful of wild rocket
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Prontier relish
- 3 thin slices of sweet potato, grilled
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Remove rosemary leaves from stalk and finely chop. Add to Prontier lamb strips and mix well.
- Spread relish over tortilla, place handful of rocket in a line down the centre, layer on sweet potato, then add Prontier lamb.
- To fold, privet wrap 90 degrees so fillings are horizontal to you, bring up 2 sides, with thumbs roll over end closest to you and continue to roll until closed.
- Toasted option works very well also!
- 1 Bazaar Plain Flour Tortilla Wrap
- 3 slices poached or smoked trout
- Watercress or snow pea sprouts
- 6 Ribbons cucumber
- Sliced Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sandhurst Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl combine white wine vinegar, olive oil, cucumber, salt and Spanish onion. Set aside for two to three hours.
- Lay out watercress or snow pea sprouts Bazaar Plain Flour Tortilla Wrap
- Top with poached or smoked trout
- Drain excess liquid from pickled cucumber and place on top of trout
- Roll wrap leaving ends open and tie with chives
- 2 slices Abbotts Village Bakery Rustic White
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 4 arrowroot biscuits
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- Put cocoa and arrowroot biscuits into a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin
- Place above mixture in a small bowl and add ice-cream scoops, use a teaspoon to coat. (work as quickly as you can to avoid ice-cream melting)
- Place ice-cream meatballs in freezer for half an hour to harden
- Heat jam in microwave to the consistency of a sauce
- Toast one slice of Abbotts Village Bakery Rustic White bread and place ice-cream meatballs on top
- Drizzle jam sauce over meatballs
- Garnish with chopped mint (to look like parsley)
- Optional: finely slice a mango fruit roll up and sprinkle on top to look like cheese
Serve with Guinness or Irish Cider
- 2 slices Abbotts Village Bakery Light Rye
- 3 slices Prontier Corned Beef
- 2 tablespoons Sandhurst Sauerkraut or braised cabbage
- Thinly sliced apple to cover Sauerkraut
- Hot mustard to taste
- Spread Abbotts Village Bakery Light Rye with mustard
- Place slices of corn beef on bread
- Top with Sauerkraut and sliced apple
- Add remaining slice of bread
While there is no official definition for the term ‘superfoods’, natural foods that contain a high concentration of nutrients fall into the category (I.e. Berries, Omega 3-Rich fish, soy, fiber, tea and calcium). These foods are believed to have health benefits beyond those of ‘common’ foods due to high antioxidant content. Antioxidants are known for their ability to fight against the harmful effects of free radicals, which damage DNA and cells, contributing to the process of ageing and the development of heart disease and cancer
- 2 Slices Abbotts Village Bakery Rustic White (or for an extra boost Abbotts Village Bakery Harvest Seeds and Grain)
- 2 slices Prontier Smoked Turkey Breast
- 1/4 Avocado
- 3 thin slices Mainland Special Reserve Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoon Prontier Cranberry and Port Sauce
- Small handful baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of fresh tomato finely diced
- 2-3 capers finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- freshly grated Mainland Epicure cheese
- Spread avocado onto one slice of Abbotts Village Bakery Rustic White
- Top with small handful of baby spinach leaves
- Place the Prontier Smoked Turkey Breast and Mainland Special Reserve Brie cheese on top of baby spinach
- Drizzle Prontier Cranberry and Port Sauce over the top and complete with remaining slice of bread.
VALENTINE'S DAY SANDWICH
Brioche with chocolate ricotta and champagne macerated strawberries, a special combination for that special someone.
- 100g Ricotta
- 75g dark chocolate
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1 piccolo bottle of champagne
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 slices of brioche, toasted
- Bring caster sugar and champagne to the boil, reduce to a low heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Pour champagne over sliced strawberries and leave to rest for 2-3 hours or until soft
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 10 second intervals to avoid burning, stir to a smooth consistency
- Combine melted chocolate with ricotta until mixed through
- Toast brioche under the grill on both sides until golden
- Place strawberry slices across brioche to cover
- Scoop chocolate ricotta mix into a ball and place in the centre of brioche
- Garnish with mint
- • Olive Oil
- • 1 cup finely sliced onion
- • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- • Sea salt & cracked black pepper, for seasoning
- • 1 thick eye fillet steak, trimmed of fat
- • 2 Slices Abbotts Village Bakery Rustic White
- • 1 handful of Rocket washed and dried
- • 1 ripe Tomato, sliced
- • 1 tablespoon good quality tomato chutney
- • 1 slice Mainland Colby Natural Slices
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for a minute longer until caramelised. Remove onion from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil over high heat. Add steak to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, turn and cook the other side for a further minute or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place the bread under the grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly toasted. Spread the bread with tomato chutney. Place rocket on and top with tomatoes, then cheese. Place onions on top of cheese, followed by the steak. Top with a second slice of bread.
FRENCH BRIOCHE TOAST
- • 2 slices Brioche
- • 100g Cream cheese
- • 30mls reduced cream
- • 30g dried raspberries
- • 30 g dark chocolate
- • 10g coconut shredded
- • 2 eggs
- • Vegetable oil
- • Mainland ButterSoft Pure Butter
- Mix all ingredients together into a paste like form
- Evenly yet thickly spread the brioche with the mix
- Whisk 2 eggs together and soak the brioche sandwich in the egg mix
- Place into a medium heat pan with butter and vegetable oil, lightly fry until there is even golden brown colour on both sides of the bread
- Remove from the pan and cut into 4 and serve (be careful the centre will be hot!)
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL SANDWICH
- • 1-2 teaspoon of cooking oil
- • ½ a brown onion, thinly sliced
- • 1 (150g) crumbed chicken schnitzel
- • 2 slices Abbotts Village Bakery Country White
- • 2-3 teaspoon of tomato relish
- • 1-2 teaspoon of whole-egg mayonnaise
- • 2-3 lettuce leaves
- • 1 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- • 2 slices Mainland Vintage Cheddar
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzel for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Toast bread under grill for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Spread 1 piece with relish. Spread remaining piece with mayonnaise. Place mayonnaise-topped slice on plate. Top with lettuce, tomato, schnitzel, onion and cheese. Season with salt & pepper, then place remaining piece of bread relish side down. Cut in half. Serve.
CAESER SALAD WRAP
- • 2 KR Castlemaine Shortcut Rindless Bacon Rashers, chopped
- • 2 tablespoons of whole egg mayonnaise
- • 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- • 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- • ½ Avocado
- • ½-1 cup shredded BBQ cooked chicken
- • 30g sliced Mainland Special Reserve Brie cheese
- • 1/4 baby cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- • 1 sheet Bazaar White Lavash
- Cook bacon under medium grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Chop.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and garlic in a bowl. Add bacon, avocado, chicken, brie and lettuce. Toss to combine.
- Place on the lavash, season with salt & pepper and roll up tightly.
- Tip: For a fun and creative way of serving layer your ingredients onto a three wrap tower, you might need a knife and fork!
MARINATED LAMB WRAP
- • 1x Bazaar Tortilla Wrap
- • 50g, or more to taste, Marinated Lamb strips
- • 1x Tomato, sliced
- • 1x Continental Cucumber, sliced
- • 50g Mixed salad leaves
- • Mainland Special Reserve Creamy Feta
- • Minted yoghurt dressing
- Cook lamb strips on grill or in a fry pan until medium rare
- Place mixed lettuce leaves on wrap
- Thinly slice tomato and cucumber, place on wrap
- Place cooked lamb on top of salads and cover with minted yoghurt dressing
- Crumble fetta over the top, wrap and enjoy.
- • Bazaar Tortilla Wrap
- • butter, softened
- • 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- • 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- • 1 tablespoons of finely chopped chives
- • 1/2 large Lebanese cucumber, trimmed
- • 1/2 tablespoon of Sandhurst baby capers
- • 2 tablespoon crème fraiche
- • 200g smoked salmon fillets
- • 1/2 cup rocket leaves or watercress
- • Sandhurst Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Place butter, lemon juice, zest and chives in a bowl. Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper. Spread butter mixture over wrap.
- Coarsely grate whole cucumber, and then squeeze out excess moisture. Combine in a bowl with capers and crème fraîche.
- Place salmon fillets and artichokes onto wrap, and then spread on cucumber mixture.
- Season with pepper and roll wrap.